Our favorite site for APA style.
This document will help with starting, outlining and writing a paper of any length, with a thesis statement that packs a punch.
Students at Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing have access to mentoring services through both the Nurses Writing Project and the Hunter College RWC.
Peer Mentor Writing Service Recommended Books
Visit Hunter’s Health Professionals Library at Brookdale Campus and Online to access our Recommended Books!
MD/RN Writers – Significant Books
- Brown, T. – The Shift: One Nurse, Twelve Hours, Four Patients’ Lives (RT 120.15.B82 2015)
- Gawande, A. – Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End (RC 339.52.S23 A3 2015)
- Gutkind, L.- I Wasn’t Strong Like This When I Started Out: True Stories of Becoming a Nurse (E-resource)
- Sacks, O. – Gratitude (52 S23 A3 2015)
- Skloot, R. – The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (RC 265.6.L24.S55 2010)
Writing as healing – Storytelling
- Miller, L. C. & Lenard-Cook, L. – Find Your Story, Write Your Memoir Paperback (PN 171.P83.D47 2000)
- Booth, W. C. – The Craft of Research (E-resource)
- Coughlan, M. – Doing a Literature Review in Nursing, Health and Social Care (RT81.5.C68 2013)
- Gitlin, L. N. – Successful Grant Writing: Strategies for Health and Human Service (HV 41.2.G58 2014)
- Lopate, P. – To Show and to Tell: The Craft of Literary Nonfiction (PN 145.L67 2013)
- Roush, K. – A Nurse’s Step-by-Step Guide to Writing Your Dissertation or Capstone (E-resource)
- Wallwork, A. – English for Writing Research Papers-2011 (E-resource)
- Hacker, D. & Sommers, D. – A Pocket Style Manual, APA Version 7th Edition (Reserves PE 1408.H26 2016)